The LLB Vocal Studio Scholarships
Calling Logan’s Gifted Young Singers
Opening up opportunities for Logan City’s Youth
At The LLB Vocal Studio, Lisa is encouraging senior secondary students across the city of Logan to dream big, with the LLB Vocal Studio Scholarships.
The LLB Scholarship is about giving back… Lisa’s 30-year career has enabled her to now give back to the community by sponsoring these two vocal scholarships. The objective of each scholarship is to encourage local young singers who demonstrate natural ability, interpretation and delivery of vocal performance.
Due to high demand, students will be chosen based on the criteria below with the chance to receive six-months FULL Tuition at the LLB Vocal Studio in Shailer Park.
Funding for this award has been provided by Lisa Lockland-Bell in an effort to nurture and encourage the extensive talent within Logan City.
Year 8 to 12 students living in and or attending school in Logan City who are interested in a career as a singer are invited to apply for this wonderful opportunity. The two successful applicants will receive a full Scholarship of a six-month training program beginning every six months. Next round begins February 2021.
Following this six-month journey, the winners will walk away with;
- New behaviours and hard wiring around singing.
- A positive training experience.
- Their own unique and powerful vocal style.
- A stronger vocal technique including: Tone, phrasing, breath support, posture, interpretation etc.
- A greater awareness and relationship with their body.
- Healthy Mindset.
- Clear career path.
- Performance strategies: The ability to impact their audience, from the moment they step on stage.
- Understanding of how to deliver their song and effectively connect with their audience.
- Professional stage craft techniques.
- Understanding of how to release the voice sending them forward in their career.
Singing is an incredibly intimate art form: Sharing your thoughts, feelings, emotions and beliefs.
The value of Lisa’s teaching goes beyond just teaching a good vocal technique. Students will learn how to overcome mindset blockages, life challenges and negative self-talk, this then allows the physical, emotional and psychological freedom needed to discover the true voice.
A human voice has the power to move, to change lives, to touch something great in us all and to make us recognise in ourselves what it is to be human.
The experience of participating in a live performance is unique and unforgettable, and should be available to all.
The LLB Vocal Studio is offering 2 x six-month (Full Tuition) Singing Scholarships.
- 2 x Full Scholarships
- Each Scholarship = Six-Months of Singing Lessons
- Weekly Lessons (excluding school holidays)
- 60 x Minute Lessons
Each scholarship will consist of one individual weekly lesson of sixty minutes duration for a period of six months (excluding school holidays).
The scholarship cannot be awarded as a cash prize. Scholarship recipients are responsible for the cost of books, study materials, travel and all other costs of study.
Field of Study
Singers may elect to specialise in a classical, jazz or contemporary style.
The scholarships are available to a prospective student who is:
- Female or Male: The LLB studio embraces diversity and all applications will be considered based on vocal excellence and ability.
- Age 14-18 yrs.
- Living in and or attending a school in the City of Logan.
- Pursuing a singing career.
- Able to attend weekly lessons.
Round 1: Online Submission
- Applicants are to submit a video singing two contrasting pieces: Classical, Jazz or Contemporary.
- 300-word essay answering the following:
- Who are you?
- What experience you have had in performance and training.
- Why do you want to improve your singing?
- What would this scholarship would mean to you?
- What do you want to do with your singing in the future?
- 1 x Current Headshot.
- A copy of public school ID.
- A letter of parental consent to accept the scholarship if your application is successful.
- A letter of recommendation: This can be a letter from a teacher, pastor or community leader recommending you as a candidate.
Round 2 : Personal Audition
Round 1: Application Submission & Due Date
December 4th 2020: 6 pm Deadline: Please note, NO late entries will be accepted
Application documentation: To be sent to: email@example.com
Application video: Send online via a Youtube or Dropbox LINK
Successful Round 1. Applicants: Will be notified via email by 6 pm on the 11th of December
Round 2. Applicants: Audition and Interview
December 18th: Between 9am – 5 pm – LLB Vocal Studio Shailer Park
Successful Applicants: Announced Monday the 11th January 2021
The Scholarship Program: Will begin in the week of 1st of February, 2021